[scribus] The Scribus target - a question for the developers

avox avox at arcor.de
Sun Sep 21 23:14:24 CEST 2008

Peter Nermander wrote:

>> The resulting PDF would comply to PDF/X1a:2001 except that it's not
>> labeled
>> as such and the Output Intent (CMYK) is missing. Both exceptions will not
>> alter the way the PDF is output.
>
> No, but, as he has written before, it alters the way the printer accepts
> it. If I don't remember wrong he even tried the way you mentioned, but got
> hos PDF rejected.
>
> So, if it is so easy to make a PDF/X1a:2001, why not just include it in
> the list in Scribus? It can't be that hard to add code to label it correct
> and include Output Intent = CMYK? 2-3 lines of extra code?

Hm, looks as if it's a little more complicated, but still doable:

http://www.pdf-x.com/downloads/pdf/application_notes_pdfx3.pdf
http://www.npes.org/pdf/TechNote5413.pdf
http://www.color.org/drsection1.xalter
http://www.planetpdf.com/creative/article.asp?ContentID=Under+the+Hood+of+PDF%2FX-1&gid=6541