[scribus] Best distro for 1.3.5

James Doepp jdoepp at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 15:19:21 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 8:13 PM, John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com>wrote:

> I am in a never ending chase trying to update my Qt 4 to keep up with
> 1.3.5 svn on my Slackware system. Is there a distro out there, stable
> or unstable, that updates Qt as often as Scribus 1.3.5.?  I jump
> through all the requisite hoops but the cmake can't find the latest
> Qt 4.4.0 I just installed.   I built C-C-T-F-Q a while back but can't
> replicate my success.

I also use Slackware, and have installed qt4 using the SlackBuild from
slackbuilds.org (alien also has a qt4 SlackBuild). If the SlackBuild for the
latest source is not available, normally you can still download the latest
tarball and modify the SlackBuild file appropriately.

I have had no problems with it not finding the qt4 libraries.

Jim