[scribus] Using Scribus for a newsletter

Joe Ward bluegrass_joe at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 20:39:50 CEST 2008

    Thanks, Frank. This is the way I was thinking of proceeding. But I don't
understand how I link the pages together to make one publication. I do have
the four possible page types saved as templates and as regular pages. The
front page, the back page (which has mailing formation on it), and an inside
left, and an inside right. each has appropriate guides for the content it
will have, and the newsletter name and a place for the issue information
across the top. At the moment, I'm just  putting content on the pages, and
saving each page as a file. This will work. It will be easy to number the
pages. A lot of the content is ads that won't change from issue to issue, so
my plan is to save each issue as a template, and they open it for the new
newsletter and change those few ads that need changing, or move them around
to create better text space.

    Incidentally, your magazine looks good. My dad used to drive Hudsons
when I was a kid. He had a 49, a 51, and a 52. Later, he had a little red
Rambler American. When I was in the Air Force in the '60s, I bought a 1955
Hudson Hornet Hollywood in San Antonio. It  had translucent green visors, so
it looked like it had on sun glasses. Later I owned a '70 Hornet. That
experience was different.
                                                                        -Joe