[scribus] Box resize

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Fri Sep 19 04:44:16 CEST 2008

 > But I have one remark: If I try to resize a box (image or text) with the
 > mouse, the box is sometimes moving instead getting smaller! It always seems
 > to happen if I click slightly left of the resize square. The mouse pointer
 > is still a double-arrow in this case.

This problem is what made me go over to Scribus 1.3.5,. It seems to not do that
rather annoying thing.
The only trick I found to help a bit is to approach the resize corner with the
mouse inside the text box, move the mouse to the corner then click and drag.
I found it very difficult to resize  from outside the box because the box almost
always moves and has to be repositioned.
I also fond that it is very difficult to pick up one text box that is inside
another text box. The only solution was to move the main text box away then
click on the inside text box.
Layers and levels added complexity and were avoided.

I now believe that there may be video card/driver problems causing the glitches
in Scribus.

I had several difficulties which have now gone completely with the change of
video card to Geforce 8600 GT, removing nv and generic drivers, then allowing
Nvidia to compile a video kernel o first boot for the card because the nv driver
from Nvidia was no good and the linux nv drivers made the graphics much slower.
This is for Fedora 8 I dont know for windows and other linux variations.

Roger