[scribus] Problems resizing boxes

Jeffrey Silverman jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 15:49:37 CEST 2008

The problem is what I consider to be a bug, but it is more like the
thing just needs to be fine-tuned.

The "bug" as I see it is that the cursor chagnes to a "resize me"
cursor when you hover over the box handles on the corners, but really
you aren't precisely hovering over the resize handles, but the box
itself. You have to be very precise in putting the cursor *exactly*
over the middle of the resize handle.  I guess the bug could better be
described as "the resize handles are *drawn* larger than the size they
actually are as interpreted by the Scribus GUI". Something like that.

And yes, I notcie this problem; you are not alone. It is really just a
minor frustration though and I have long since learned to just adapt
to it.

Also, did you know? If you hold CTRL down while selecting a resize
handle, it won't grab the object above the one that is currently
selected. (Not a very good description).  I.e. if you ever have
trouble resizing a box because another box on top of it keeps getting
selected when you try to grab the resize handle, hold the CTRL key
down and you will not grab the upper object.

later...