[scribus] Problems resizing boxes

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Sep 16 18:44:04 CEST 2008

Claudio Shah wrote:
> Submitted on 09/16/2008 - 15:40
> Submitted by anonymous user: [141.80.168.58]
>
> Submitted values are
>
>   Your contact information:
>     Name: Claudio Shah
>     Email Address: claudio.shah at gmx.de
>   About your Scribus program:
>     Version: 1.3.3.12
>     Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
>     Build Date:
>   Your operating system and CPU:
>     Type: Linux
>     Version: Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04
>     CPU type: 32bit  Intel/AMD (i386)
>   Your request content:
>     Subject: Problems resizing boxes
>     Message:
> Dear Scribus team,
>
> I was using Scribus the first time for designing a DIN A0 Poster and
> it did work very well. Thank you for the great work!
> But I have one remark: If I try to resize a box (image or text) with
> the mouse, the box is sometimes moving instead getting smaller! It
> always seems to happen if I click slightly left of the resize square.
> The mouse pointer is still a double-arrow in this case.
 From what you're saying I'm not sure anything needs to be fixed. You
need to have the mouse pointer precisely on the resizing squares to
resize, otherwise you will move the frame.
Other resizing methods:
Use Properties (F2) and resize in XYZ tab. If you scroll in spinboxes,
holding down Ctrl or Shift changes amount of increment or decrement.
Hold down Alt, use arrow keys to enlarge.
Hold down Shift-Alt, use arrow keys to shrink.

Greg