[scribus] Dumb justification question.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Sep 15 23:39:43 CEST 2008

On Monday 15 September 2008 04:18:45 pm Louis Desjardins wrote:
> 2008/9/15 John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com>
>
> > I have a file in 1.3.3.12, It is one page, all text, imported
> > from OO. I can't get the justification feature to work.  Do I
> > need to turn off something from the OO import?
>
> John,
>
> You mean the text won't hyphenate at all?
>
> There is nothing specific to be done at OO.o level, afaik.
>
> You can check the hyphenation settings in the Scribus Preferences >
> Hyphenator as the rules that are there might be too tight for what
> you need to achieve. You have 3 fields IIRC. Word length, Number of
> consecutive hyphens, and Language.
>
> Then, your text frame must be activated in order to be able to
> hyphenate. You may need to deselect and reselect the text frame. By
> all means it should work!
>
> Please let me know!
>
> HTH
>
> Louis

Justification and hyphenation are two different (but related) animals.
If I have no style at all then both hyphenation and justification can
occur. But then I lose the paragraph indents. If I apply  a style
then justification disappears.

So perhaps my question is, how do I define a style to contain both
justification and a paragraph indent?

--
John Culleton
Precision Typesetting