[scribus] Using Scribus for a newsletter

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Sun Sep 14 12:31:34 CEST 2008

>     I have my four templates. I call one up, using "new from a template"
> under the file menu.

A template is a template document. You would get the same function if you
saved a scribus document and then made a new copy of it.

> Then I go to the Page menu, and click on "convert to master page," give it
> name, and click okay. Then I click on the edit menu and go to Master

Let me first ask you why do you want to convert the page to a Master Page?
Master Pages are like a page background. Appying a Master Page to a page
is like changing the background for that page.

If you want pages with frames etc to use as templates for new pages,
Scribus does not currently support that in a good way. The best way is
probably to make a document with template pages and then import a page
from that document when you want to use a specific template.

Also note that the Master Page is save in the document. If you open or
start a new document, it will have it's own Master Pages.

/Peter