[scribus] Booklets

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Sep 12 17:24:20 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 09 September 2008 08:02:11 pm Phil Mendelsohn wrote:
> Using Acrobat Reader 8.0+ on Linux (and I think all other
> platforms), imposition for booklets is a null issue.
>
> I do a 20-24 page newsletter monthly, but also release it in .pdf
> via the web.  It is 8.5" x 11" booklet, but I impose it on 11" x
> 17" paper and saddle stitch (staple on the fold) w/ a long-throat
> stapler.
>
> I needed to make this easy, so I didn't have to produce 2 different
> versions.  (My first issues were *VERY* time-consuming, as I copied
> page by page from the "master" to "tabloid" .sla file).
>
> What I do is:
>
> - Export a normal, single-page view .pdf.
I export a normal PS file,  then use the base name (sans "ps") as a
command line parameter for the following script:

psbook $1.ps $1b.ps
echo 'psnup'
psnup -2 -ptabloid -Pletter $1b.ps $1p.ps
echo 'psselect'
psselect -o   $1p.ps $1o.ps
psselect -e -r  $1p.ps $1e.ps
#lpr $1o.ps
#echo 'switch paper'
#read x
#lpr $1e.ps

The commented lines actually form a separate script, so that I can run
them multiple times. I use the bypass feed on my Ricoh AP2600 laser
printer.  It does not duplex automatically.

--
John Culleton