[scribus] Smaller file sizes?

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Thu Sep 11 21:05:25 CEST 2008

Jeffrey Silverman wrote:
> (Pet peeve from the grammar police: "theirs" has no apostrophe)
Thank you 'grammar police' - I [still] like to learn :-)

> So, what, exactly did you try? "Etc." isn't specific enough
Basically I kept the default [compression] options ('Compress Text and Vector Graphics' -
checked; Compression Method: Automatic; Compression Quality: Maximum) and chose 'Resample Images'
to 72 dpi. Under the 'Color' tab, I chose 'Output Intended For: Screen/Web'.

> Resample image to low DPI - check!
> how about different compression qualities?
> Different modes of compression? JPEG compression will produce much
> smaller files than .zip for *photos*. If you have a lot of photos you
> may want to try that.
The photos are already JPEGs and they look kind of poor quality after saving as PDF (they were
originally 300 dpi in the .sla (I need two versions - one for print and one for email).