[scribus] Scribus 1.3.5svn Universal Binary Available for Testing

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 13:33:33 CEST 2008

2008/9/8 Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au>

> Hi,
>
> I have just uploaded my universal binary for OS X (at
>
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/scribus/Scribus_135SVN_06092008.dmg?use_mirror=osdn
> )
> md5 is 361c196ab61321c05b4ba6b94c6980ab
>
> This was built from 1.3.5 SVN from 6th September and comes with all the
> warnings and lack of guarantees that a normal SVN snapshot comes with (ie,
> use
> at your own risk, etc).
>
> Still, our build system for OS X progresses well enough now, I think, to
> make
> a public release for wider testing. There are some known issues:
> - TeX configuration (requires preinstall of something like MacTeX and
> config file
> editing)
> - Ghostscript install (requires preinstall)
> - Missing aspell dictionaries in the .dmg
> - No Boost support, so no libgeom supported frame manipulation (mesh
> distortion etc)
> - Any known issues that 1.3.5svn has
>
> It has very basic testing on Tiger/Leopard on PPC/Intel.
>
> When we release 1.3.5 final, we will releaase an updated version at the
> same
> time. Further 1.3.5SVN snapshots will be released as progress continues
> with
> development.

Craig,

This sounds delightful. We will go on and test.

I can confirm to Mac OS X users that the .dmg is as easy to install as any
.dmg for any application, with the warnings stated here.

We cannot insist enough on the fact that this version is for testing and not
for production. I know it's been said quite clearly but somehow this warning
is often ignored. It shouldn't!

Happy testing!

Louis