[scribus] Scribus 1.3.5svn Universal Binary Available for Testing

Craig Bradney cbradney at zip.com.au
Mon Sep 8 21:49:46 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have just uploaded my universal binary for OS X (at
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/scribus/Scribus_135SVN_06092008.dmg?use_mirror=osdn)
md5 is 361c196ab61321c05b4ba6b94c6980ab

This was built from 1.3.5 SVN from 6th September and comes with all the
warnings and lack of guarantees that a normal SVN snapshot comes with (ie, use
at your own risk, etc).

Still, our build system for OS X progresses well enough now, I think, to make
a public release for wider testing. There are some known issues:
- TeX configuration (requires preinstall of something like MacTeX and config file
editing)
- Ghostscript install (requires preinstall)
- Missing aspell dictionaries in the .dmg
- No Boost support, so no libgeom supported frame manipulation (mesh
distortion etc)
- Any known issues that 1.3.5svn has

It has very basic testing on Tiger/Leopard on PPC/Intel.

When we release 1.3.5 final, we will releaase an updated version at the same
time. Further 1.3.5SVN snapshots will be released as progress continues with
development.

Craig