[scribus] pdf import

Christian Schulz chschulz at dfki.de
Wed Sep 3 10:28:36 CEST 2008

I am creating a poster (Din A0) with scribus.
Most of the content of the poster are imported pdfs (sourcing from
latex).
I am struggeling with the fact that the pdf files have only 72x72 dpi,
which is low.
When I adapt the imported image to the frame size you can see in the
scribus editor the poor quality of the resolution.
Further when I generate the pdf, scribus displays a message with
yellow bullet that the document contains an imported pdf file. So I am
wondering for what reason scribus complains about importing a pdf file
in general.
Because of the 72x72 dpi?

regards,
Chris

Am 03.09.2008 um 09:57 schrieb Owen:

>> Hi all!
>>
>> For what reason scribus complains when I do this:
>>
>> 1. import of pdf file ( create an image frame and right-click on it,
>> select "get image", and
>> load a pdf.)
>> 2. export the document as pdf...
>>
>> Scribus returns the message and then asks me if I want to ignore the
>> error refered to the imported pdf.
>>
>> thanks for the help
>

> I have ignored those messages without detriment to the final pdf
>
> What happens if you ignore the message?
>

> Owen

Christian H. Schulz
DFKI GmbH, Campus D3 2
Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3
D-66123 Saarbrücken, Germany
+49 (0)681 302-5328 (tel.) -5020 (fax)
mail: chschulz at dfki.de, http: www.dfki.de/~chschulz

Firmensitz: Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern
Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Dr. Walter Olthoff
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313