[scribus] Imposiion (Was: The Scribus target)

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Sep 2 19:07:01 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 02 September 2008 03:48:11 am Lars O. Grobe wrote:
> Taking the open source nature and modularity of the free software
> world into account, plus the pdf-centred workflow in Scribus (which
> reflects what the industry is in at the moment imho), even though I
> needed it some weeks ago - I think imposition is not a tool that
> has to be integrated.

I agree. When I have a Scribus file that needs rearrangement for e.g.,
booklet printing I use other utilities. Here is a real world  example
in a script:

psbook $1.ps $1b.ps
echo 'psnup'
psnup -2 -ptabloid -Pletter $1b.ps $1p.ps
echo 'psselect'
psselect -o   $1p.ps $1o.ps
psselect -e -r  $1p.ps $1e.ps
lpr $1o.ps
echo 'switch paper'
read x
lpr $1e.ps
rm $1p.ps $1e.ps $1o.ps $1b.ps

I am much more concerned with other issues, such as expanding the
paragraph setting capability to resemble that of TeX with optical
alignment and microtypography, and the abiity to put "distiller"
style tags in the pdf output so as to meet the requirements  of LSI,
the largest POD printer in the world.

--
John Culleton