[scribus] Imposiion (Was: The Scribus target)

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Sep 2 08:01:04 CEST 2008

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 23:10:29 -0600
"Mike Morris" <twriterext at gmail.com> dijo:

> Regarding the imposition capability, I offer the following thoughts (from a
> former shop owner's perspective):

I print all my documents myself on laser. I specialize in short run
book publishing. Since I print on laser I print on individual sheets,
either US letter or tabloid. Thus, my imposition needs are minimal.

However, in the past I have had occasion to send print jobs to outside
printers. It seems to me that all print shops had commercial software
to impose PDF files. All I had to do was supply them with a PDF of the
document and they did the imposition. If this is still true, the only
kind of imposition Scribus needs is for people like me who print on
laser. For that matter, so far I have not had a problem imposing PDFs
using open source software, although sometimes it is difficult to
figure out how to use the software.