[scribus] Placing /Scaling and file image/PDF size

Mike Breiding mike at WildWonderfulWV.us
Fri Oct 31 14:04:32 CET 2008

Dan Fink wrote:

> GAWD! What have I gotten myself into...?   ;)
> I'm not up to something this deep into non gui-ness
> -mb
> -------------
> No no no! It's not complicated at all. There's a couple different
> conversations going on here in this thread, which makes it confusing.

Hi Dan,
Thanks for the suggestions.
I am still hoping for a suggestion to finding out pixel sizes of image
frames *prior* to placing the image.
If I know this then I can resize very closely to the exact sizes needed
and thus cut down on the image file sizes.

>> -- If you edit the image in GIMP and save, it will change IN REAL TIME
>> on your Scribus screen.

OK. But how does one know what the resized image needs to be?
Scribus does not have a choice for px in the units selection.

With 800 images I know I will get a chunky PDF not matter what. I am
just trying to minimize it by using file sized no larger than needed.
-Mike
www.EpicRoadTrips.us