[scribus] Placing /Scaling and file image/PDF size

Mike Breiding mike at WildWonderfulWV.us
Wed Oct 29 20:36:54 CET 2008

alessandro rimoldi wrote:
> ciao

Greetings, Alessandro
>> So, now I am looking at resizing all 800 images I will using to the
>> approximate size I will be using in the book.
>> Rather daunting to say the least!
>>
>> Any alternatives?
>
> yes: import the images one after the other as they currently are and resize each image to the size you use in you book.

How? In Scribus? I see no tool for that.
I have Scribus pointed to my image conversion app I use.
Actually, this is what I am trying avoid, having to resize each and
every image to fit a particular image frame. If all the frames were
going to be the same size, it would not be such a big deal. I could
batch resize and be done with it.

Also, you say "resize each image to the size you use in you book".
But, I cannot determine what size that needs to be. I can find no pixel
sizes for the image frames.
When I resize I do so by % or pixel the width/height I need.
I have yet to find a way to see what the dimensions of an image frame
are in pixels. Am I missing that somewhere?

The only option I see right now it resize all the images *close* to what
I think I will need, but slightly over. If I then need a larger one it
could be done manually, working with the original.

But, I still think being to determine the pixel dimensions of an image
frame would be very helpful.

Thanks!
-Mike