[scribus] Placing /Scaling and file image/PDF size

Mike Breiding mike at WildWonderfulWV.us
Wed Oct 29 16:02:15 CET 2008

Greetings,

It has been slow going for me but I think I am getting where I need to
be for what I want to do.

I have been struggling with getting images to fit to frames without
cropping. I just realized I should be using "Scale to frame size"
"Proportional" in the Properties/Image dialog.
I must have changed it previously to "Free Scaling" and thus the
problems with sizing the images.

Now that I know that what I am wondering is this: when the image is
scaled to fit the frame, does it reduce the image file size to reflect
the newly scaled size?
The reason I ask this is I am concerned about using full size images and
thus bloating the size of the PDF and also slowing screen refreshes.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
-Mike