[scribus] adding colums to an already created page

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Oct 25 14:34:36 CEST 2008

Mike Breiding wrote:

> I checked here:
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Working_with_text_frames
>
> It explains how to set up columns for an entire document.
>
> I wish to change a selected page only.
> For instance, choose page 2 and create 3 equal columns?
>
> I searched by key word in the wiki and only got a hit for a column
> script.
First of all, remember that columns is a function of a text frame, so
you must have a text frame to have columns.
Select the frame, then go to the Shape tab of Properties, where you see
a section Distance of Text, and inside you can choose number of columns,
gap in between, and also spaces around the outside of the text, between
it and the borders of the frame.

Also note that this is not inherited by a linked frame -- only the frame
for which you manually change number of columns is affected.

Finally, in 1.3.5svn the columns settings have moved to a sub-tab of the
Text tab.

Greg