[scribus] New to publishing, Scribus, and this list

Mike Breiding mike at WildWonderfulWV.us
Thu Oct 16 13:01:35 CEST 2008

Roger wrote:
> Hi Mike
> I guess I was suggesting to not bother about master pages and the like
> for a once off design of small print run.
>  From your email it seemed that each page was gong to be different in
> layout and design so any form of template would be unnecessary.
> If you do templates and master pages etc, there are quite a number of
> matters to consider and that time could be spent on actual layout.
> The design of the book is going to take time anyway
>
> My daughter, some years ago did a 200+ page document using scribus, did
> each chapter as a different file, only 10-20 pages per chapter.
> seemed to work ok for what was needed and was very easy to rearrange on
> a per chapter basis and to rearrange chapters when printng.
> Go for it
> Roger

Hi Roger,
I had come to the same conclusion concerning Master Pages for this
document. But, then I decided I might like some sort of footer info for
each "chapter", which in this case will be one day.

I still have not decided on a final page size but I am leaning toward
14x11 LS (http://www.viovio.com/index.php?structure_id=483)
Still hoping for suggestions for printers who will run only 5 copies.

And, I still have to go back and proof the original web page.
There are a number of typos and grammatical errors I need to fix.

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement.

-Mike