[scribus] New to publishing, Scribus, and this list

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Thu Oct 16 01:48:22 CEST 2008

Hi Roger,
Thanks for the Welcome and specific suggestions.
I still have prelim work to do, like getting a handle on master pages,
and installing GhostScript.
And the page layout is going to be a long process for me as I get caught
up in the fiddle factor and end up wasting time and getting frustrated.
-Mike

Hi Mike

I guess I was suggesting to not bother about master pages and the like for a
once off design of small print run.
 From your email it seemed that each page was gong to be different in layout and
design so any form of template would be unnecessary.
If you do templates and master pages etc, there are quite a number of matters to
consider and that time could be spent on actual layout.
The design of the book is going to take time anyway

My daughter, some years ago did a 200+ page document using scribus, did each
chapter as a different file, only 10-20 pages per chapter.
seemed to work ok for what was needed and was very easy to rearrange on a per
chapter basis and to rearrange chapters when printng.
Go for it
Roger