[scribus] Crop marks

Ari scribus at takku.fi
Thu Oct 16 07:16:45 CEST 2008

Greg, a.l.e + others,

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Ari wrote:
>> I read [1] that 1.3.4 version would have the crop mark implemented. I
>> think that I really need the ability to make the crop marks, so if I
>> have understood it correctly, I must either install 1.3.4+ version, or
>> use the specific python script [2] ?
>>

> DO NOT INSTALL THE 1.3.4 VERSION!
> If you really want the built-in crop mark capability, use the 1.3.5svn
> version, just be aware of the slowness and other issues with using
>
> yes, you can alternatively use the python script, which comes with the
> 1.3.3.12 version.

Ok. Thank you for your quick replies. I think I'll try the way-of-python
firstly. Secondly, I think I'll wait next stable release which has the
option inbuilt.

As I'm quite new with this area, are there any other "markers", which
are currently missing but exists i.e. in InDesign ? I have seen some
sort of color-bars in some PDFs, but have no idea why they exist.

Kind Regards,
ari

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Bleed%2C_create_markers_and_export_a_document_to_pdf