[scribus] Back peddling - for now...

Mike Breiding mike at WildWonderfulWV.us
Wed Oct 15 14:35:13 CEST 2008

Greetings,
I feel I need to get more info about printing services before I move
ahead with the Web to Book project.

I have decided on this this format:
http://www.viovio.com/index.php?structure_id=483
14x11 Portfolio book with wire-o binding binding
Interior Paper:	120# (218gsm) Coated Gloss
Cost is $7.49 + $.50 / page that would be about $110+ a copy for me
(800 images, 4 images per page X .50/page.

I had planned to get 5 copies made.

Before I lock myself into this by choosing the 14x11 format/binding I
would like to know if anyone has any feedback on this format or other
print services which may be better suited for my project.

There is also the PDF issue VioVio seems to have with Scribus.
http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus/2008-October/031401.html
Regardless of the assurances of some of you, this makes me a bit nervous.

If this is getting into areas considered off-topic, please let me know.
I am not sure if this list is *strictly* for Scribus issues or also
spills over into design, printing, etc.

Thanks,
-Mike