[scribus] New to publishing, Scribus, and this list

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Tue Oct 14 03:21:26 CEST 2008

Mike Breiding wrote:

> Bummer. I missed that.
> I wonder if it would make a differnce if I used  a printer driver based
> PDFer like PDF Creator.-Mike

In my experience the safest way to print from 1.3.3.x is via PDF. I've
had a couple of files that have had bits missing if printed directly
from Scibus. While this does seem to be fixed in 1.3.5svn, you probably
don't want to go there !

I've yet to encounter a Scribus PDF that gave poor images, but yes they
can be big. I did a pretty dense two side A4 flyer earlier in the week
which was very well received, but came to 11.1 meg, which pretty much
precludes emailing it to most people.

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor