[scribus] Scribus recommendation as Linux distro

Ari Takku ari at takku.fi
Sat Oct 11 20:00:29 CEST 2008

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Ari wrote:
>> I started with your wonderful wiki, where I read that there might be
>> some issues with Kubuntu. I currently have Kubuntu (hardy), and what I
>> could read from wiki, the problems may not concern me. Could you please
>> tell me if there are any known-issues which would make my days as

> The two biggest annoyances have been the behavior of spinboxes for
> changing various values, and trouble with keyboard entry of accented
> characters.

Ok. Good to know. It seems that spinbox-problem doesn't repeat for me (I
can alter values of spinboxes without issues), and if by accented
characters you been e.g. Control+Shift+Alt+P for pagenumber, I seem to
"miss" that problem too. Perhaps they have tuned the Kubuntu according
your (bug-)reports.

Thank for your reply.

With Kind Regards,
Ari