[scribus] Scribus scripting on OS X

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Sat Oct 11 19:04:20 CEST 2008

Jonathan Hunt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get Scribus scripting working on OS X (Leopard 10.5.5).
> I'm using 1.3.3.12 and building the X-Windows version. I'm essentially
> using the same build as in MacPorts but trying to enable python
> scripting. So I do a ./configure with a bunch of options (see below)
> and and a build and install no problems. Scribus runs with no errors
> but no script window shows up.

I don't know much about scribus scripting, I just ran an example, the
"Calendar wizard" script from the Scripting menu. If this completes and
produces a calendar page, does this count as "scripting working"?

With this criterion, on both scribus variants from Fink,
scribus-1.3.3.12-2 (X11) and scribus-aqua-1.3.3.12-3, scripting is working.

For the X11 version, which uses Fink's python25, I had to tweak cmake a
little in order to find python. I use the cmake flags

-DPYTHON_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=%p/lib/python2.5/config/libpython2.5.dylib
-DPYTHON_DEBUG_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=%p/lib/python2.5/config/libpython2.5.dylib
  -DPYTHON_INCLUDE_PATH:PATH=%p/include/python2.5

Here %p is the Fink prefix, usually /sw. The libscriptplugin.so module
then shows via otool -L that it is linked with
/sw/lib/python2.5/config/libpython2.5.dylib.

For the aqua version, which uses the system Python framework, I didn't
have to do anything, cmake-2.6 finds it all by itself. There, otool -L
reveals that the libscriptplugin.so module is linked with
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Python.

--
Martin