[scribus] unable to import images and text

Sveinn í Felli sveinki at nett.is
Wed Oct 8 11:36:48 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Wednesday 08 October 2008 08:31:04 Ermin de Winkel wrote:

> 1: Importing the images generates an error. Also when converting the images
> to *.ODT (open office draw) and *.PS (postscript) importing does not work
> as I expected. Only when converting to what is called "True SVG" in
> Inkscape importing takes place.
As I understand the docs, Scribus does not fully understand all Inkscape
specific SVG code; thus "True SVG" should be more standard.

> Sadly the text inside these images is
> resized compared to the original image. This means that the text which is
> part of the image does not fall inside the limits.

Ever reoccurring issue in DTP: convert text to outlines before/while exporting
images in any vector format. Font handling is so dependent on OS, desktop
environment and even individual computers (installed fonts, software and
patches). Expect problems and unpolite language if you ever send non-outlined
fonts in such documents (.ai, .eps, .ps, etc) to most printshops. :-)

Good luck,

Sveinn í Felli