[scribus] �s 4

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Oct 4 15:18:52 CEST 2008

� Maillard wrote:
> Un petit appel à l'aide venant d'un ami universitaire :
> http://www.arhv.lhivic.org/index.php/2008/10/03/827-small-is-beautiful-7
> Les comptes rendus de cours ont été archivés sous Xpress 3 et 4, or, la
> dernière version du logiciel n'a pas de compatibilité ascendante et
> voilà nos scientifiques forts dépourvus.
> Si quelqu'un a une idée, ce serait sympa.

struggling with my French at bit....

Scribus will not be able to import Xpress files, but if you have the raw
materials (photos, etc.) you could certainly re-create output in PDF format.
Probably good to familiarize oneself with Scribus from the various
information websites:

http://www.scribus.net/
http://docs.scribus.net/
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Main_Page

One thing to add is that, at least to this point, Scribus has maintained
the ability to import files from any *previous* version files, so there
is less concern about obsolescence.

Greg

One thing I forgot to add. I'm not a Mac user, so this issue of a G4 Mac ca. 2004 is a bit
unknown to me regarding Scribus and which versions can work. We do have some Mac users who
can help with this.