[scribus] Using SVN for Scribus sla files

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Oct 2 09:03:00 CEST 2008

hi
> I haven't ever figured out a way to allow a "linked"
> text file - like you have with a picture.  If I have a picture and I
> open it in gimp, & edit it then the changes come into scribus.  I
> haven't found a way to do something like that with text... ...am I
> missing something obvious?

imho, the biggest difference lay ins the fact that with scribus you
tipically don't edit the picture, you just include it in your layout:
so, the changes you do in the gimp won't affect the way scribus manages
the picture.

on the other side, you want to change and -- this is the biggest problem
-- format text in scribus *and* oo.writer. the second one won't
understand some of the formattings coming from scribus and the changes
done in the first will scramble fine settings done at the layout stage.

where i can agree with you is: it would be nice to have a tool which
fully retains scribus' formattings and just lets you change the text and
apply styles (a scribus plugin for oo.writer may be the best solution...
but i fear that it can't be implemented...).

though, if i understood it correctly, you can expect in the (not so
near) future some progress in the way scribus handles distributed editing!

ciao
a.l.e