[scribus] Still the cut-off

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Sun Nov 30 11:31:09 CET 2008

Pedrie Roberts wrote:
> Peter wrote:

>> IMO this sounds more like a printer driver problem than a Scribus problem.
>> What operating system do you use? What printer? What printer driver (and
>> version)? What printer driver settings?
>
> I use Windows XP Home (32 bit, SP3). Our main printer is a Konica
> Minolta C450 (which is powerful and advanced). The printer driver is
> Postscript, I believe. The same thing, however, happens on a little HP
> Laserjet 1020 and, I suppose, on our HP Officejet printers (though I
> haven't used them much for printing).
>
> John wrote:
>> A bit harsh. It seems to work 8 times out of 10!
> No, not in my experience, especially not if you have graphic content
> on the right.

We normally keep within the margins for most of our work, and when we
have I don't think we've seen the problem.

I think it's arisen where items have straddled the margin, and possibly
when they've been rotated.

> BTW, I said we experienced it from 1.3.3.2 - that should
> be 1.3.3.1. Also: please don't misunderstand me: I'm a very big
> supporter of Scribus. In fact, my business basically runs on Scribus.

My bit of ours too, though converting other people to use it is an up
hill struggle !

> We have used it daily for two and a half years, not only for layout
> but also for a lot of graphical designing.

About 18 months here, from 1.3.3.9.

> John wrote:
>>  b) as I recall, scribus print preview shows the same problem.
> You're right - it does.

OK.

> Gregory wrote:
>> I think what is happening is that Scribus is cutting off printing at the
>> margins.
> I'm not so sure. To give an example in simple terms. This week I had
> an A4 landscape, divided into to A5 pages, margins all around 15 mm.
> The left page was only text; the right page was only graphical
> content. When I printed from Scribus, only the left page was printed,
> with only two horizontal lines at the top of the right page.

That sounds like the basis of a bug report, but if 1.3.3.13svn and / or
1.3.5svn might fix it is it worth trying those first ?

If you like, you can email me your .sla and I'll try it from the
1.3.5svn I have installed here under XP.

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor