[scribus] Scribus NOT calls Gimp

avox avox at arcor.de
Mon Nov 24 15:00:40 CET 2008

John Culleton-3 wrote:

> For some functions Scribus calls Gimp, but Gimp only works in the RGB
> color model, although it will display a graphic limited to the CMYK
> color model.  If I have a graphic in CMYK, and call a Scribus
> function which uses Gimp, will the graphic still be in CMYK when
> exported as a pdf from Scribus?
> --
> John Culleton
> Resources for every author and publisher:
> http://wexfordpress.com/tex/shortlist.pdf
> http://wexfordpress.com/tex/packagers.pdf
> http://www.creativemindspress.com/newbiefaq.htm
> http://www.gropenassoc.com/TopLevelPages/reference%20desk.htm

Unless I've missed a very recent development, Scribus does not call Gimp.
The only time Scribus opens Gimp for an image is if the user selects "edit
with
external program" from the image's context menu. AFAIK you can choose to
open
Photoshop or whatever instead by configuring the path in Scribus's options.

All other image manipulation is done by Scribus code, LittleCMS and lately
lib2geom.

/Andreas