[scribus] Frustrations:Paragraph Styles & fonts keep changing; cut & paste (Scribus 1.3.3.13svn

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Wed Nov 12 21:35:07 CET 2008

alessandro rimoldi wrote:

>> The PDF files are REALLY bloated.
>> However, I can deal with this with the script,
>> compress-newsletter.pl, which has been posted earlier -- it reduces
>> the size by as much as a factor of ten with no noticeable degradation
>> in the viewing or print quality that I have been able to detect.
>
> this is the way it is supposed to work!
> you get a pdf wich is "perfect" for printing and won't have any
 >issues -- ever -- when printing... but if you are concerned with
 >file size you can shrink it.
>
> it would be nice to have both options inside of scribus,

Yes !

>but then i guess that we would have more people asking why
 >their smaller pdfs show errors when printing.

Probably, but they'd probably learn pretty fast.  It's not a hard
concept to grasp.

> and since scribus is mainly thought for printing, i guess that
 >the status quo is ok.

It's not a serious problem for sure, but long term it would be really
nice to have more PDF configuration.

We so print from some PDFs, but we put far more on the web, and having
to shrink them is a bit of a pain.

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor