[scribus] Feedback on tabs, fonts and font color/size needed

Mike Breiding mike at WildWonderfulWV.us
Tue Nov 11 13:59:31 CET 2008

Hedley Finger wrote:
> Mike:
>> Is a note in the intro stating: "Quoted material is formatted with a
>> light brown font color" adequate?

<SNIP>
> If you don't acknowledge the owner, then, ahem officer, we appear to be
> at a crime scene and the perp is a plagiarist.  But if you revise or
> reword it substantially, then you have a paraphrased sidebar, the
> copyright is yours, and the owner of the original phrase does not have
> to be acknowledged.

Yep, you are right - I am undecided about this, but I am leaning towards
the same way I attributed the sources on my site.
See: http://epicroadtrips.us/2007/summer/california/#ert07CA_D1_12.jpg

> As a way of indicating a sidebar, I like the brown colour!  I'd do
> something about those deep indents, though, especially if you have some
> one- or two-line paras.

I am leaning toward Greg's take on this:
>> 2. the brown sans serif font is a matter of taste, I think. Personally,
>> the different font face seems enough, so I'm not sure that making it
>> another color is necessary and might lead to legibility issues in
>> certain lighting. Making it black might also allow it to be just a bit
>> smaller if that's any advantage for contrast. -GP

I printed out some pages and the brown color seems to dominate.
Something I do not want. In the web version it seems to work, but in
print the brown really stands out.

The indents I am going to fix by creating a style for my "normal" text
as Greg suggests.
BTW - this is why I am going to beat my first chapter to death!
I hope to make most of my mistakes with the first chapter, get them
fixed and then proceed. I am slow, so you will have to bear with me.

Thanks to you both for your suggestions. I rely on and value the ideas
you all have.

-Mike