[scribus] Specifying columns on a Master Page

Mark F. PAL350 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 07:06:43 CET 2008

Mark F. wrote:

> But I'm stuck on one aspect of setting up the Master Page.
> Page(s), actually, because I need separate ones for the LHS
> and RHS pages.  I can set up the margins, grids, page
> numbering and that stuff.  But I can't figure out how to
> set up the Master Page so that I get two text frames with
> the attributes I require to show up in the document itself.

*snip*

Hi Mark,

The way Master Pages work in Scribus, you cannot edit them on the
regular page, so you will need to create frames on the regular document
layer(s) for these. I idea with MPs in Scribus is for inflexible content
to show wherever the MP is applied. A minor exception is the page
numbering, which does change.

The use of guides can help facilitate the placement, size, etc of text
and other frames you place on regular layers. Also be aware that you can
create a text frame on one page, then if you copy and paste to another
page, it will have the same positioning as the original.

***Aha!  Okay.  Thanks, Greg.  The copy/paste sounds like a good way.

> BTW, I'm a relative novice at this, but after messing with Quark
> and Pagemaker I've found Scribus to be a breath of fresh air.

Thanks for this feedback.

***One of my friends sez the challenge is I'm an engineer, and I need to
learn how to think with the other side of my brain like a graphics
designer.  So I guess that means if I finally figure this out, I'll be
thinking
with my whole brain for the first time in my life.  *grin*

--Mark