[scribus] Frame borders

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Nov 8 23:13:09 CET 2008

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> John Jason Jordan wrote:
>> I have Scribus 1.3.3.12 on Hardy x86_64.
>> Is it possible to apply a frame border to only one edge of the frame?
>>
> There is a trick you can try for this.
>
> Make a table with 2 cells. If you double-click to highlight one of the
> cells, you should see a list appear in Properties > Line, where you
> can choose which sides of the cell frame to show as a border. You have
> to assign the border a color in Color tab, of course. You should also
> be able to independently resize this cell, minimizing the other cell,
> which you won't be using. It's a little glitchy, so you may have to
> play around with it a bit to get it to work as I describe here. The
> important thing is double-clicking on the cell you want to have this
> feature, and the sign you are in the right mode is that this list
> appears in the Line tab.
>
> You would think that you might be able to create a one-celled table to
> do this, but at least in my hands I can't get it to work to show the
> list in the Line tab.
>
> Also note that the default cell is a text frame, but you can convert
> to an image frame. I note that in this case, while you can adjust
> image to frame, the Context menu shows no Adjust frame to image option.
And while we're at it, here are other interesting tricks:

Another way of accomplishing this, and leads to further variations, is
by making this adjacent cell very thin, and changing its fill color,
*and* you can give this cell a single border. What this allows for is a
frame that has borders of different colors and line styles, if you wish
-- something not possible with a regular text frame.

Greg