[scribus] Frame borders

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Nov 8 22:59:15 CET 2008

John Jason Jordan wrote:
> I have Scribus 1.3.3.12 on Hardy x86_64.
>
> Is it possible to apply a frame border to only one edge of the frame?

There is a trick you can try for this.

Make a table with 2 cells. If you double-click to highlight one of the
cells, you should see a list appear in Properties > Line, where you can
choose which sides of the cell frame to show as a border. You have to
assign the border a color in Color tab, of course. You should also be
able to independently resize this cell, minimizing the other cell, which
you won't be using. It's a little glitchy, so you may have to play
around with it a bit to get it to work as I describe here. The important
thing is double-clicking on the cell you want to have this feature, and
the sign you are in the right mode is that this list appears in the Line
tab.

You would think that you might be able to create a one-celled table to
do this, but at least in my hands I can't get it to work to show the
list in the Line tab.

Also note that the default cell is a text frame, but you can convert to
an image frame. I note that in this case, while you can adjust image to
frame, the Context menu shows no Adjust frame to image option.

Greg