[scribus] Which font used in the logo - Armada Regular

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Mon May 26 00:57:32 CEST 2008

2008/5/25 Asif Lodhi <asif.lodhi at gmail.com>:
> On 5/25/08, avox <avox at arcor.de> wrote:
>> ..... fonts take months or years.
>
> really true?
> Would other people, who have designed one or more fonts, like to give
> their opinions?

I'm studying the MA degree in Typeface Design at the University of
Reading's Typography Department, and know a number of professional
type designers/font developers personally.

A new premier-grade type design implemented as a production quality
font takes around one year to produce by a single person.

On the MATD programme, we take 3 months to draw the word "adhesion" in
the type design we want, and then 3 months to complete the lowercase
latin alphabet and the numerals. Then another 3 months for the italic
and all the diacritics required in all Europe, and another 3 for a
complex (arabic, indic) or non-latin (greek/cyrillic/etc) script to
complement the roman/italic. Then we spend a few months after
graduating making the bold and bold italic and perfecting things.

--
Regards,
Dave

I support www.gnuherds.org -