[scribus] re washed out printout

Terry Todd tlt at badger.tltodd.com
Thu May 22 23:17:29 CEST 2008

Henry,

Your reply here is the first time I have read in this thread that
scribus assumes an RGB printer.

By unexplained I mean that no one explained that scribus would need
to have ICC profiles and color corrections set up if that's what
it takes to print to a Xerox 8560 or HP 9850 CMYK printer and how
to do those steps to get a behaviour that would yield color results
that match or nearly match what you see on the screen.  Instead
the explainations I got pointed to workarounds as if that's all
anyone knows how to do.

I am resigned to have two workarounds.  The fact that I never got
an explaination of how to make scribus work the way I wanted to is
OK at this point.

Thanks for all your help.  I have learned a lot from it and I hope
that others reading this thread in the future will as well.

Terry Todd