[scribus] re washed out printout

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Mon May 19 18:48:53 CEST 2008

Terry Todd

>> I'm confused then.  A washed out image is the expected
>> behaviour????

Expected, yes, but expected != desired

>> How do I get it to be not washed out when going directly to a CMYK
>> PostScript printer attached directly to the PC that is running
>> scribus?  I'm assuming if I can export to a PDF with "Output
>> Intended for:" set to printer and have that work then that would
>> also solve the printing direct to a CMYK PostScript printer problem.

Your source image is in RGB.  You want to print in CMYK.  At some point
you have to convert your image from RGB to CMYK.  Conversion of RGB
images to CMYK (or visa versa) is problematic.  The two color spaces
don't completely correspond or overlap or some such term.  Since I work
entirely in the RGB world (and since, frankly, I don't understand it
perfectly myself), I'm probably not the best person to explain this but
that's what's going on.

--
Henry