[scribus] Drat !!

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Thu May 22 17:11:08 CEST 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 5:14 PM, John Beardmore <John at t4sltd.co.uk

S B wrote:

> Frequent saves!!!

Yes -  I do those anyway.
> Scribus still crashes occasionally.  I find that the backup facility is
> very helpful,

I don't think I've noticed that in 1.3.3.x.  What version are you
using ?

> and I've had to use the emergency backup from time to
> time.

This is the .sla.emergency file ?  Yes -  that's been handy for me once
or twice.  It would be nice if it told you it had made one though.  I
nearly missed it.

>  If I recall correctly, you can have Scribus backup every few
> minutes or so--hardly a high price when you consider the potential loss
> of data.

I tend to back up to sequentially numbered files just in case it crashed
while saving and toasts the file.  Currently on version 0094 of this
document.

> Now if someone will tell me how to get a month or so of Scribus
> documents back from a failed hard drive....??? (now I backup more
> frequently...are you surprised?)

Yes.  I try to back up over the network periodically, but the server has
died at the moment.

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor