[scribus] washed out printout

Terry Todd tlt at badger.tltodd.com
Mon May 5 23:26:18 CEST 2008

I installed Scribus 1.3.3.2 on a FreeBSD 6.2 system and Scribus
1.3.3.11 on a Windows XP system.

I imported a jpeg picture that I had taken with a Canon D60 camera
into the first page and added some text to the top of the page.

When I try to print from either Scribus installation to either a
Xerox 8560 or an HP 9850 printer the color is all washed out.
There are a lot of bright green leaves on the trees in the picture
taken along the banks of the Kentucky River in July 2007.  In the
washed out printout the bright green leaves come out kind of greyish
looking.

If I export to a PDF file first and then print the PDF file it
comes out just fine.

I read through some of the mailing list but didn't find this exact
problem solved.

I tried mucking with all the settings for the document color
management but nothing I tried would fix it.

What is the problem?

TIA,
Terry Todd