[scribus] Editing Text in Text Box

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Sun May 4 20:25:43 CEST 2008

Paul wrote:

> Good Morning,
>
> In reference to this:
>
>> If there's one thing that bugs me about scribus, and it's bugged me
>> about Pagemaker and InDesign too, is that editing text in a text box is
>> so slow that sometimes it's hard to see what you've typed or selected.
>>
>> I suspect that in some sense the developers see the 'righteous' answer
>> as to use the story editor, but then you can't see how the layout is
>> shaping up.  Generally I have a preference for editing direct in the
>> text box -  at least it's WYSIWYG.  Personally I'd be happy to dispense
>> with the story editor editor altogether, though that may mean that I'm
>> missing some tricks.
>
> Could you briefly explain what you are talking about here?

:)  I thought I had.  What specifically didn't you understand ?

> I had no problem
> editing text within the multiple text boxes I used on my
> Newspaper/Newsletter Template. Is there some other 'text box' that I should
> be aware of before I continue development additional pages to my project?

Probably not.  I just find the ergonomics a bit clunky because response
isn't rapid, and mouse click events in particular sometimes seem to be
missed.  I suspect I spend a significant proportion of my time waiting
to see if the highlighting of mouse click I made had the effect desired.

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor