[scribus] Scribus 1.3.5svn on Debian testing: problems with paragraph styles

Andreas Speck andreas.speck at tiscali.co.uk
Sat May 3 10:00:14 CEST 2008

On Thu, 01 May 2008 15:29:50 +0200
Éclipse <eclipse.magick at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le jeudi 01 mai 2008 à 09:04 -0400, Gregory Pittman a écrit :
> > >
> > The best advice is not to use 1.3.5svn -- it's unstable, and
> > depending on when you update from svn, may be variably broken,
> > sometimes quite unusable. If you actually have work you need to get
> > done, use 1.3.3.12svn or (current stable) 1.3.3.11.
> >
> > Greg
> >

> Hi greg
>
> With all my respect, i would tell you and others developers
> something !
>
> You advise to people against using version 1.3.5 but how this version
> will be a best version one day if nobody try and use it ?!?!
>
> Also did you notice that Andreas used Debian Sid ... is Sid a stable
> version ??  hahaha
>
> Kind regards :)
Hi all,

  I finished my job with Scribus-1.3.5svn quite well. After I found a
workaround for the style problems (copy and paste text into the story
editor, and don't import), all worked pretty smoothly, although I had a
few crashes due to signal #6 (if I remember correctly), which I did not
try to reproduce (maybe I should have, to be able to file a bug, but
unfortunately I am a bit in a busy period).

I filed a bug for the style problem, and hope this is helpful.

BTW - I noticed another small problem in the story editor, and didn't
check if it is already filed as a bug. When I'm in the story editor and
want to enter a '-', it evaluates it as a command to reduce th view of
the pages to a smaller size, but does not enter a '-' into the text.
That is pretty annoying.

Besides these small problems, I really think Scribus-1.3.5svn is coming
along nicely, and I can only congratulate everyone who is working on
it. A brilliant job!

Best wishes,
Andreas