[scribus] Scribus 1.3.5svn on Debian testing: problems with paragraph styles

Craig Bradney cbradney at zip.com.au
Thu May 1 15:10:02 CEST 2008

On Thursday 01 May 2008 14:11:24 andreas.speck at tiscali.co.uk wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I'm having problems with Scribus-1.3.5svn (the latest build for
> debian from the Scribus repositories).
>
> First, I imported a Scribus-1.3.3.x file into Scribus-1.3.5svn, which
> worked fine. It needed some tweaking, as text renders slightly
> different, but that's OK.
>
> However, I had a problem with one text frame on one of my master pages
> - whenever I tried to edit this specific frame, Scribus crashed with
> signal 11. The workaround was to delete this text frame, and create a
> new one. Then it was fine, and Scribus stopped crashing.
>
> Now I'm having another problem:
> I have a text frame for an article. I have several paragraph styles
> defined, and want to apply those to different paragraphs in the
> article. However - it does not seem to apply them at all. I can do what
> I want, fonts and styles don't change.
>
> I don't have the same problem with other text frames though - which
> confuses me.
>
> I deleted and recreated the text frame in question several times, but
> I always have the same problem... I'm now trying to think of a
> workaround...
>
> Any tips welcome.

Please submit a bug on bugs.scribus.net and add a crash trace if you can by
repeating the process within a debugging environment such as gdb. At least,
attach the file to the bug and describe the process of how to reproduce.
Please attach the version information (including the build date) from
Help->About.

Regards
Craig