[Scribus] v1.3.4 How to import a list - keeping italic formatting

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Mar 25 21:40:53 CET 2008

Calum Polwart wrote:
>> Correct me if I don?t get the issue right. I understand that your text
>> is imported along with its stylesheet + enriched with italic and that
>> you are applying TabbedList in replacement of the imported stylesheet,
>> right? If so, I would suggest that you do not apply the TabbedList style
>> but instead edit it so it will be identical in terms of specs as
>> TabbedList. That way, the style will remain applied (it?s only different
>> than it was but it is still "applied") and the italic will be preserved.
>>
>> Hope this works.
>>
>> Louis
>>

> Hi Louis,
>
> Not sure if I'm thick but I've never really got OO style import to
> work.  Sure I get asked questions about fonts etc when they aren't there
> and it gives me a new style called DocumentName.BodyText or whatever.
> But in text editor the paragraph doesn't get that style applied instead
> it gets "No Style" - I've always had this... as far as I know...

Make sure that when you are making your oowriter doc you are actually
making styles rather than just applying fonts at different places.
Scribus looks for actual styles that you have set up in oowriter,
everything else is just generic with applied fonts.

Greg