[Scribus] Bleeding for bleed ... and stability

Martin Pauly pauly
Wed Mar 26 00:23:40 CET 2008

Hi all,

I know this has been discussed here recently, but again:
When I started a 40-page publishing project last summer,
I wanted to have bleed settings. I got very well along
by simply doing everything with (then stable) 1.3.3.9
After everything except bleed settings was done, I imported
the whole thing into 1.3.4, added the bleed settings
and was happy. Would this still be the way to go,
except, of course, that it's 1.3.3.11 now?

Serious problems lay elsewhere last time:
My document got screwed up, partly due to bad
PS/PDF from external sources (will know to avoid
this now), but partly the .sla structure was
obviously corrupted.
(I helped it by creating partial documents and
assembling the resulting PDFs with other tools.)
 From the changelog, it looks like _tons_ of bugs
have been shaken out between 1.3.3.9 and 1.3.3.11,
so what's your overall experience in stability
and document integrity now?

That said, I would just like to thank the developers for
there work -- it's great software!

Thanks, Martin

--
Dr. Martin Pauly   Fax: 49-6421-28-26994
HRZ Univ. Marburg  Phone: 49-6421-28-23527