[Scribus] How to place text in a box

Timothy Boyden tboyden
Tue Mar 25 03:27:05 CET 2008

In HTML terms, what's being described is essentially a fieldset:

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_fieldset.asp

Where most Scribus documents are destined for PDF documents, I'm not aware
of an equivalent element in PostScript or PDF, so I'm not sure how that
would/could translate. So even if there was an element or style that would
produce this effect in Scribus, it would be converted to lines/text when
exported to PostScript or PDF and lose it's relationships.

Currently the best way to achieve the effect would probably be to create two
text frames, and apply border and background styles to the text frames to
achieve the desired effect and then save them as a scrapbook item. This
would give you a consistently styled element throughout your document.

But perhaps this isn't what the original poster is looking for?

Just my $.02

-Tim