[Scribus] How to place text in a box

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun Mar 23 16:54:34 CET 2008

Chris Bergstresser wrote:
> Hi --
>
>    I need to place boxes around some of my text in Scribus, like this:
>

> This is the regular text.
> -- Title ---------------------
> | This is text in a box |
> | There can be many  |
> | lines.                      |
> --------------------------------
> The regular text continues
> here.
>

> Is there an easy way to do this in Scribus?

What you are wanting to do is create another frame on top of the
original, which has all its own properties, such as line color (make
sure you assign one since the default is None). Also, from what you
show, it looks like the small one needs to set Text Flows Around Frame
in Properties > Shape.

Now, if you want the word of the Title in the border, this is trickier,
but can be done, most likely with a third frame superimposed on top. Or,
Attach Text to Path.

Greg