[Scribus] 2 questions / hand made flattening

flaco inconcluso
Thu Mar 20 10:30:54 CET 2008

I found a pretty little workaround for some transparency problems within
Scribus:
The issue:
 Had a picture as background, with 4 opaque text boxes on it. (White
background colour & a transparency of about 40% to make the text better
readable)

The problems:
1. Transparency
2. even the text was at 40% greyed, something I didn't expect as I set
transparency in the colours tab and not in the text tab.

The solution:
First thought about simulating transparency by re-creating background and
boxes in GIMP. But did't like this idea too much because things did fit
quite well at that moment. And I didn't want to rebuild everything
calculating every measurement.
Then found this:
Copy all content to a new page, delete text from boxes, export page as
picture and load this as new background picture at the original page. Now
set text boxes without transparency and fill color. Ready. Looks the same,
is only few minutes of work and my printer has nothing to mourn....

flacote