[Scribus] 2 questions

D. R. Evans doc.evans
Wed Mar 19 15:27:29 CET 2008

Timothy Boyden said the following at 03/19/2008 08:21 AM :

> setting. In most of the other graphics applications I've worked with,
> the drop-down is labeled "Color Mode:" and the drop-down values are:
> "RGB, CMYK, LAB, and Grayscale" which is more descriptive of what is
> being set.

That would be a good idea.

I have discovered by painful experience, for example, that lulu (which of
course is a printer of PDFs) is more likely to get it right if one uses the
"Screen/Web" selection.

  Doc

PS Somewhat OT, I have no idea about other print shops, but lulu is a royal
pain when it comes to using Scribus files and getting them to look right. I
don't know precisely where the fault lies (although I'm about 90% sure it's
lulu), but it's definitely non-trivial to get complex book covers to print
exactly the way one wants. (It's easy to get them to display right, which
is why I am fairly sure that the problem is with lulu's printing set-up.)